· We are beginning our discernment process for selecting new leaders at St. Francis Xavier. We are asking for nominations of parishioners who will serve in leadership and help advise our pastor on our pastoral council You can nominate yourself or anyone you think would be a good leader. Candidates should be confirmed members of our parish, active in their personal faith journey, and wish to be part of a team. The pastoral council typically meets the 2nd Thursday of the month September through May.
· The flag pole project continues and donations are still being accepted. Our existing flag pole has maintenance needs, but more importantly, it has a tree growing up into it. The tree has been trimmed numerous times, but a couple flags have been torn up flying into the tree. The project includes taking down the old pole, installing a new pole further from the tree, and then adding a cobble stone walk-way and raised area for the flag.
· With the 50th anniversary of our school, this is a great opportunity for current students & families or alumnae to make a lasting gift. If you are interested in supporting it, you can sponsor a “cobble stone” for $70.00. Donations can be dropped off at the Parish Office. Please contact Scout Vincent Zingale (St. Francis Xavier alum) at 230-2602 if you are interested in helping with the project.
· The goal of $12,000.00 for the “bring back the bells” fund has been reached. Thank you to those who made contributions to make this possible. What a gift to bring the sound of bells and beautiful music back for our parish and the community of Sartell. We will be working with the Verdin Company to set up the work completion date sometime in the near future.
· Congratulations to the young children who are receiving their 1st Communion this weekend and to those who received their 1st Communion this past Sunday. Our sacraments are special occasions for experiencing God’s saving presence. May all who receive Christ’s body and blood be nourished spiritually and brought closer to God.
St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church • 219 2nd Street North • Sartell, MN 56377 • (320) 252-1363
St. Francis Xavier Catholic School • 308 2nd St. N • Sartell, MN 56377 • (320) 252-9940
Website Solutions that Connect and Build Catholic Faith Communities Online